Makes 8 servings (1/2 cup per serving)
- ¼ cup chopped onions
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- ½ cup peeled chopped zucchini
- ½ cup chopped mushrooms
- 2 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp sage
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp freshly ground pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth (or vegetable or beef broth)
- Combine all ingredients in a pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, remove bay leaf and discard.
- Transfer mixture to a food processor. Purée until smooth.
- If sauce is not thickened enough, return sauce to pot and simmer over medium-low heat until thickened.
- Serve and enjoy!
*This gravy can be served over any type of protein.
Nutritional analysis per serving: 17 calories, 1 g protein, 4 g carbohydrate (4 g available carbohydrate), 489 mg sodium