Makes 8 servings (1/2 cup per serving)
- ¼ cup onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- ½ cup zucchini, peeled and chopped
- ½ cup mushrooms, chopped
- 2 tsp. thyme
- 1 tsp. sage
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. basil
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp. pepper
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 4 cups vegetable, chicken or beef stock, low sodium
- Combine all ingredients in a pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, remove bay leaf and discard.
- Mix until smooth in a blender or food processor.
- Return to pot and put back onto the stove, if sauce is not thick enough, continue to simmer until you’ve reached desired consistency
- Serve and enjoy!
*This gravy can be served over any type of protein.
Nutritional analysis per serving: 17 calories, 0 g fat, 1 g protein, 4 g carbohydrate (4 g available carbohydrate), 0 g fibre, 489 mg sodium
My Viva Servings: 0 grain, 0 protein, 0 vegetable, 0 fruit, 0 fat, 0 dairy