Makes 12 servings (1 slice per serving)
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¾ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- ¾ cup orange juice (or juice of 1 orange, plus water to make ¾ cup total)
- 1 Tbsp. orange zest
- 1 ½ cup fresh cranberries
- ½ cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together plain Greek yogurt, sugar, egg, and orange juice. Add flour mixture, and mix to combine.
- Stir in orange zest, cranberries, and walnuts.
- Scrape into a greased loaf pan and bake at 350°F on center rack until a cake tester inserted into center comes out clean – about 1 hour. Cool 10 minutes, then invert on a wire rack. Flip over and cool. Slice into 12 slices and serve.
Nutritional Analysis per serving (slice): 205 calories, 4.8 g fat, 6.6 g protein, 36.6 g carbohydrate (32.5 g available carbohydrate), 4.1 g fibre, 250 mg sodium
My Viva Servings: 2 grain, 0 protein, 0 vegetable, 0 fruit, 0 fat, 0 dairy