Makes 8 servings
- 1 Tbsp. yeast
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 cup warm water
- ½ cup milk
- 2 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tsp. cornmeal
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup red peppers
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 1 cup spinach
- ¾ cup tomato sauce
- 8 oz. mozzarella cheese
- 1 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Combine yeast, sugar and water. Allow to sit for 10 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, combine milk and melted butter in a bowl and mix well.
- In a third bowl, combine flour, cornmeal and salt with milk mixture and yeast mixture to create the dough. Knead for 8 minutes.
- Cover dough and allow to rest for 30 minutes to 1 hour. After it has risen, cut into 8 pieces and roll out into circles.
Pizza Filling and Assembly
- While the dough is resting, sauté peppers, mushrooms and spinach.
- Add 1-2 tbsp. of tomato sauce to each dough circle, along with some sautéed vegetables and 1 oz. of mozzarella cheese.
- Fold the dough in half and seal the edges.
- Brush olive oil over the pockets and sprinkle with Italian seasoning and Parmesan cheese. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy or store in fridge or freezer for a later lunch.
Nutritional analysis per serving: 324 calories, 10 g fat, 14 g protein, 44 g carbohydrate (41 g available carbohydrate), 3 g fibre, 626 mg sodium
My Viva Plan® Servings: 3 grains and starch, 1 proteins, 1 vegetables, 0 fruit, 1 fat, 0 dairy