Makes 10 servings (½ cup per serving)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup diced onion
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1½ tsp dried basil
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- 1 can (796 mL) whole tomatoes
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 tsp sugar
- Heat oil in a saucepot over medium-high heat.
- Add onions and cook, stirring, until softened , about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, oregano, basil and parsley and continue cooking for 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, salt, pepper and sugar.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until sauce has thickened, about 20 minutes.
- Using a hand blender or food processor, blend the sauce until smooth.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 33 calories, 2 g fat, 1 g protein, 5 g carbohydrate (4 g available carbohydrate), 1 g fibre, 241 mg sodium
My Viva Servings: 1 vegetable