Makes 10 servings (½ cup per serving)
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ cup onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. oregano
- ½ Tbsp. basil
- ½ Tbsp. parsley
- 1 (28 fl. oz.) can of whole tomatoes
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. sugar
- Heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add onions and cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, oregano, basil and parsley and continue cooking for 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, salt, pepper and sugar. Stir and simmer until sauce has thickened, about 20 minutes.
- Using a hand blender or food processor, blend the sauce until smooth.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 33 calories, 2 g fat, 1 g protein, 5 g carbohydrate (4 g available carbohydrate), 1 g fibre, 241 mg sodium
My Viva Plan® Servings: 0 grains and starch, 0 proteins, 1 vegetables, 0 fruit, 0 fat, 0 dairy