Makes 4 servings (2 cups per serving)
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup red onion, diced
- 1 cups carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup red peppers, diced
- ¼ salt
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- ½ tsp. turmeric
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/8 tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. cayenne (optional)
- 1 can chickpeas, no sodium, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 ½ up vegetable stock, low sodium
- 1 cup couscous, dry
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 cup spinach, chopped
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- Heat oil in a pot on medium-high heat.
- Add onion, and carrots and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add peppers, garlic and all of the spices, continue to cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the frozen peas, chickpeas, stock and bring to a boil.
- Add the couscous and cover with a lid. Remove from heat and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Stir in parsley and spinach. Top with almonds.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 376 calories, 9 g fat, 13 g protein, 62 g carbohydrate (52 g available carbohydrate), 10 g fibre, 158 mg sodium
My Viva Plan® Servings: 2 grains and starch, 1 proteins, 1 vegetables, 0 fruit, 1 fat, 0 dairy