Makes 4 servings
- 3 cups cubed peeled butternut squash
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 lb. Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp fresh ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
- 4 cups spinach
- 1 medium apple, cut into matchsticks
- 1 medium avocado, peel and pit removed
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- ½ tsp lime zest
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, combine squash, bell pepper, Brussels sprouts, olive oil, oregano, pepper and salt. Toss to coat vegetables evenly.
- Transfer vegetables to a large rimmed baking sheet, spreading evenly in a single layer. Bake, stirring once halfway through baking time, for about 40 – 45 minutes, or until vegetables are tender and lightly browned.
- To make dressing, add avocado, garlic, lime juice and zest to a blender and purée until mixture is smooth and creamy. If needed, add lukewarm water to adjust consistency.
- To assemble salads, place 1 cup spinach on each plate and top with roasted veggies, dividing equally. Top with apple matchsticks and a drizzle of avocado dressing.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 272 calories, 13 g fat, 8 g protein, 40 g carbohydrate (26 g available carbohydrate), 14 g fibre, 209 mg sodium
My Viva Plan® Servings: 1 grain, 4 vegetables, 3 fats