Makes 4 servings
- 1 small butternut squash, large dice
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 lb. Brussels sprouts, hulled and halved
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 4 cups spinach
- 1 medium apple, cut into matchsticks
- 1 medium-sized avocado, pitted and skin removed
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- Juice and zest from 1 lime
- Preheat oven to 400 °F.
- In a large bowl, mix the butternut squash, bell pepper, Brussels sprouts, olive oil, oregano, pepper and salt until veggies are evenly coated.
- Roast vegetables on a baking sheet in one even layer for approximately 40 minutes, rotating vegetables after 20 minutes. Check for doneness by piercing the veggies with a fork and checking for softness.
- To make the dressing, place the avocado, garlic, lime juice and zest in a blender and blend until mixture is light and creamy. Add lukewarm water to adjust consistency.
- Assemble the salad by placing 1 cup of spinach on a plate or bowl and topping with roasted veggies. Top with apple matchsticks and a drizzle of avocado dressing. Repeat to assemble a plate for each person.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 272 calories, 13 g fat, 8 g protein, 40 g carbohydrate (26 g available carbohydrate), 14 g fibre, 209 mg sodium
My Viva Plan Servings: 1 grains and starch, 0 proteins, 4 vegetables, 0 fruit, 3 fat, 0 dairy