Makes 18 muffins (1 muffin per serving)
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 cups nonfat vanilla Greek yogurt
- 250 g regular or light cream cheese
- ⅔ cup skim milk or water
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tbsp white chia seeds
- 2 plums, pitted and diced
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Combine yogurt, cream cheese, milk, vanilla, coconut oil and chia seeds in a blender or food processor. Purée until smooth.
- Add yogurt mixture to flour mixture and stir just until combined. Gently fold in fresh plums.
- Scoop batter into greased muffin cups and bake until a toothpick inserted in centres comes out clean, about 20 – 30 minutes.
Nutritional analysis per serving: 113 calories, 3 g fat, 5 g protein, 16 g carbohydrate (14 g available carbohydrate), 2 g fibre, 180 mg sodium
My Viva Servings: 1 grain