Makes 18 muffins (1 muffin per serving)
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- ¾ tsp. baking powder
- ¾ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 2 cups 0% vanilla Greek yogurt
- 250g regular or light cream cheese
- ⅔ cup skim milk or water
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil (melted)
- 1 tbsp. white chia seeds (or 1 large egg)
- 2 plums, pitted and diced
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease 18 muffin cups.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a high powered blender or food processor combine together Greek yogurt, cream cheese, milk, vanilla and chia seeds.
- Fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients until just combined. Fold in fresh plums.
- Portion mixture into greased muffin tin and bake in preheated oven for 20-30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Makes 18 moist, creamy but tangy muffins!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 113 calories, 3.4 g fat, 5.4 g protein, 15.7 g carbohydrate (13.6 g available carbohydrate), 2.1 g fibre, 180 mg sodium
My Viva Servings: 1 grain, 0 protein, 0 vegetable, 0 fruit, 0 fat, 0 dairy