Ramen with Zucchini Noodles
Makes 1 serving
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- ¼ cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 clove chopped garlic
- 1½ tsp minced fresh ginger
- 2 cups sodium reduced chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 cup zucchini, spiralized on the smallest setting
- ¼ cup thinly sliced purple cabbage
- ¼ cup sliced fresh spinach
- 2 tbsp grated carrot
- 1 tbsp thinly sliced green onion
- 1 large egg, hard boiled, halved
- 1 tsp fresh lime juice
- Heat sesame oil in a pot over medium heat. Add mushrooms and cook until softened and moisture is almost evaporated, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and ginger and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add broth and soy sauce and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add zucchini noodles and cabbage and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Garnish with spinach, carrot, green onion, egg and lime juice. If desired, add cooked shredded chicken or tofu for extra protein.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 205 calories, 10 g fat, 10 g protein, 22 g carbohydrate (19 g available carbohydrate), 3 g fibre, 613 mg sodium
My Viva Servings: 1 protein, 4 vegetables, 1 fat