Makes 12 servings (1 muffin per serving)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup spelt flour (can substitute with additional 1 cup of all-purpose flour)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¾ tsp. baking powder
- 1 cup Red River Cereal
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup plain yogurt
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 cups Saskatoon berries (or berries of your choice)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine flours, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, Red River Cereal and salt in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix together eggs, yogurt, vegetable oil, vanilla and lemon zest.
- Gently mix wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Fold in berries lightly.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling to the top. (Tip: Use an ice-cream scoop with a release to help portion muffins.) Bake for approximately 30-40 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Nutritional analysis per serving: 257 calories, 7 g fat, 5 g protein, 36 g carbohydrate (34 g of available carbohydrate), 2 g fibre, 192 mg sodium
My Viva Servings: 2 grain, 0 protein, 0 vegetable, 0 fruit, 0 fat, 0 dairy