Makes 2 servings (1 cup per serving)
- 1 cup milk (1%)
- ½ cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- ½ cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tsp grated orange zest
- 1 cup fresh rhubarb, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup nonfat vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp chopped pecans
- Combine milk, oats, flaxseed, orange juice, orange zest, rhubarb, and cinnamon in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer, stirring frequently, until mixture is thickened and liquid is absorbed, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let sit, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl stir together plain yogurt and vanilla yogurt.
- Add maple syrup to cooked oatmeal, stirring to combine. Top with chopped pecans and Greek yogurt.
Nutritional analysis per serving: 427 calories, 13 g fat, 20 g protein, 60 g carbohydrate (52 g available carbohydrate), 8 g fibre, 188 mg sodium
My Viva Servings: 2 grains, 2 proteins, 1 fruit, 1 fat, 1 dairy