Makes 2 servings (1 cup per serving)
- 1 cup of milk
- ½ cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 Tbsp. ground flaxseed
- ½ cup orange juice
- 1 tsp. orange zest
- 1 cup fresh rhubarb, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp. chopped pecans
- 1 cup of plain 0% Greek yogurt + ½ cup 0% vanilla Greek yogurt, mixed
- Combine milk, oats, flaxseed, orange juice, orange zest, rhubarb, and cinnamon in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat. Cover and simmer, stirring frequently until the oats and rhubarb are tender (about 5 minutes).
- Remove from the heat and let sit, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Stir in maple syrup, and top with chopped pecans and Greek yogurt.
Nutritional analysis per serving: 427 calories, 12.7 g fat, 20.2 g protein, 60 g carbohydrate (52.5 g available carbohydrate), 7.8 g fibre, 188 mg sodium
My Viva Servings: 2 grain, 2 protein, 0 vegetable, 1 fruit, 1 fat, 1 dairy