Makes 4 servings (1 cup per serving)
- 2 tsp. canola oil
- 1 (14 oz.) can artichokes
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ lemon, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. toasted pine nuts
- 1 Tbsp. fresh dill, chopped
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- Bring a pot of water to a boil.
- Trim the asparagus and then cut into two pieces. Blanch the asparagus in the boiling water until almost cooked, about 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, drain the artichokes and slice them into quarters. Pat them dry on paper towel.
- Heat the oil in a fry pan on high heat. Add the artichokes and brown on one side.
- Add the asparagus, garlic, lemon slices, salt and pepper.
- Cook until the asparagus is cooked through, but still has a little snap to it.
- Garnish with toasted pine nuts and fresh dill. Serve and enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 111 calories, 4.4 g fat, 6.3 g protein, 15.1 g carbohydrate (9.5 g available carbohydrate), 5.6 g fibre, 418 mg sodium
My Viva Servings: 0 grain, 0 protein, 3 vegetable, 0 fruit, 1 fat, 0 dairy