Makes 8 servings (3 cloves per serving)
- 3 garlic bulbs
- 3 Tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Take the garlic heads, peel away the outermost paper layer (leaving the inner layer and bulb intact) and slice off about ¼ inch off the top to expose the inside of the individual cloves of garlic.
- Wrap the cloves with olive oil in tin foil and bake in the oven for about 30 min or until the cloves are soft. Squeeze the soft garlic flesh out of their skins to add garlicky goodness to a variety of meals.
This roasted garlic bulb (used as a spread) is so simple to make and can be prepared ahead of time prior to putting together your lunch meal. Some examples include:
- Mix some spread with plain Greek yogurt and fresh herbs for a veggie dip
- Toss into steamed or roasted vegetables
- Spread onto your turkey/chicken/tuna sandwich to bump up the flavour
- Mix a few mashed cloves into a pasta salad or hot pasta dish with Parmesan
Nutritional analysis per serving: 62 calories, 5.1 g fat, 0.7 g protein, 3.7 g carbohydrates, 0.2 g fiber, 2 mg sodium
My Viva Servings: 0 grain, 0 protein, 0 vegetable, 0 fruit, 1 fat, 0 dairy