Salmon Asparagus Frittata
Makes 4 servings (¾ cup per serving)
- 4 large eggs
- 1 can salmon (120 g), drained
- ¼ cup fresh diced tomato
- ¼ cup thinly sliced green onions
- 2 tbsp milk (1%)
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups sliced asparagus (1 inch)
- ¼ cup shredded cheddar or Asiago cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs. Add salmon, tomato, green onions, milk, salt and pepper and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large oven-safe pan over medium heat.
- Add asparagus and cook, stirring, just until tender, about 2 – 3 minutes.
- Add egg mixture to pan and cook, stirring gently, just until edges begin to set, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with cheese. Transfer to oven and cook until set, about 5 – 7 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 192 calories, 12 g fat, 17 g protein, 5 g carbohydrate (3 g available carbohydrate), 2 g fibre, 292 mg sodium
My Viva Servings: 2 proteins, 1 vegetable, 1 fat