Makes 7 servings (1 muffin per serving)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1½ cups finely chopped celery
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1½ cups fresh bread crumbs
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup milk (1%)
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ½ tsp fresh ground pepper
- 2 cans (170 g) salmon, drained and flaked
- ¼ cup fresh chopped dill
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Heat oil in a small frypan over medium heat. Add celery and onion and cook, stirring, until softened, about 3 – 4 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, combine breadcrumbs, eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Add cooled vegetable mixture, salmon and dill and stir gently to combine.
- Spoon into greased muffin cups, pressing slightly to gently pack mixture into cups.
- Bake until lightly browned on the edges, about 25 – 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
*Meal prep tip: Salmon dill muffins may be frozen for up to three months. Thaw before serving. May be served warm or cold.
Nutritional analysis per muffin: 165 calories, 9 g fat, 13 g protein, 8 g carbohydrate (7 g available carbohydrate), 1 g fibre, 363 mg sodium
My Viva Servings: 2 proteins, 1 vegetable, 1 fat