Sautéed Artichokes and Asparagus with Lemon and Dill
Makes 4 servings (1½ cups per serving)
- 1 bunch asparagus, ends trimmed
- 1 can (398 mL) artichoke hearts, drained
- 2 tsp canola oil
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- ½ lemon, sliced
- Pinch of salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground pepper
- 2 tbsp toasted pine nuts
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped dill
- Cut asparagus in half crosswise and cook in boiling water just until starting to soften, about 3 – 4 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, cut artichoke hearts into quarters and pat dry with paper towels.
- Heat oil in a medium fry pan over high heat. Add artichokes and cook until browned on one side, about 2 – 3 minutes.
- Add asparagus, garlic, lemon slices, salt and pepper.
- Cook until the asparagus is tender-crisp, about 3 – 4 minutes.
- Sprinkle with toasted pine nuts and fresh dill.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 111 calories, 4 g fat, 6 g protein, 15 g carbohydrate (9 g available carbohydrate), 6 g fibre, 418 mg sodium
My Viva Servings: 3 vegetables, 1 fat