Makes 10 servings (2 pieces per serving)
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 Tbsp. water
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- 1 cup sesame seeds
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- Line a small baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar, honey, water and nutmeg over low-medium heat until smooth.
- Add sesame seeds and cook for 5-10 minutes, until mixture starts to turn golden in colour. Remove from heat.
- Add vanilla, coconut oil and baking soda. Mix until smooth. Pour onto baking sheet and let cool.
- Once cool and solid, break into pieces. Enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 191 calories, 9.9 g fat, 2.6 g protein, 25.4 g carbohydrate (23.7 g available carbohydrate), 1.7g fibre, 49 mg sodium
My Viva Servings: Treats are just as the name suggests; they are a treat for you and meant to be enjoyed mindfully. We want most of your calories to come from nutrient-dense foods that nourish and support your body. Treats can be added in addition to your meal plan for the enjoyment and balance of life.