Makes 10 servings (2 pieces per serving)
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tbsp water
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup sesame seeds
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- Line a small baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar, honey, water and nutmeg. Bring to a simmer over medium-low heat.
- Add sesame seeds and cook, stirring, until mixture is golden and slightly thickened, about 5-10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add vanilla, coconut oil and baking soda. Mix until smooth. Pour onto baking sheet and let cool completely until firm.
- Once cooled, break into pieces. Enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 191 calories, 10 g fat, 3 g protein, 25 g carbohydrate (23 g available carbohydrate), 2 g fibre, 49 mg sodium
My Viva Servings: Treats are just as the name suggests; they are a treat for you and meant to be enjoyed mindfully. We want most of your calories to come from nutrient-dense foods that nourish and support your body. Treats can be added in addition to your meal plan for the enjoyment and balance of life.