Makes 1 serving
- 1 can (106 g) salmon or mackerel, drained and flaked
- 3 tbsp plain low fat Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp chopped green onions
- 1 tbsp chopped walnuts
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ½ tsp freshly ground pepper
- Dash salt
- ¼ cup diced cucumbers
- ¼ cup halved cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup chopped yellow bell pepper
- 2 tbsp thinly sliced red onion
- 1 cup sliced romaine lettuce
- 3 pitted Kalamata olives, halved
- In a medium bowl, combine salmon, yogurt, green onions and walnuts.
- Add lemon juice, salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- In a medium bowl, combine cucumbers, tomatoes, peppers, red onion, lettuce and olives. Toss to combine.
- Transfer vegetable mixture to a serving plate and top with salmon mixture. Alternatively, salmon mixture may be served on whole grain bread with lettuce and tomato as a sandwich.
- Serve and enjoy!
Looking to improve your circulation and lower your risk of blood clots? Mackerel and salmon contain 2.5-3 g of EPA and DHA omega 3 fatty acids per 100 g serving to help you do just that! The walnuts are a great source of ALA omega 3 fats, contributing about 1.5 g in this recipe. Overall, this meal carries 4 g of omega 3 fats, which is 3-4 times more than the minimum amount you should aim to get each day!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 319 calories, 16 g fat, 32 g protein, 14 g carbohydrate (10 g available carbohydrate), 4 g fibre, 561 mg sodium
My Viva Servings: 4 proteins, 3 vegetables