Makes 1 serving
- 100 g canned salmon (or mackerel)
- 3 Tbsp. plain Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp. green onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp. walnuts, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. pepper
- Dash of salt
- Mix together canned salmon, Greek yogurt, green onions and walnuts. Squeeze in some fresh lemon juice with a dash of salt and pepper and mix well.
- Serve the salmon mixture on whole grain toast with lettuce and tomato, or try it Greek-salad-style served with diced cucumbers and tomatoes, sliced red onion, romaine lettuce and sprinkled with 2-3 sliced Kalamata olives.
Looking to improve your circulation and lower your risk of blood clots? Mackerel and salmon contain 2.5-3 g of EPA and DHA omega 3 fatty acids per 100 g serving to help you do just that! The English walnuts are a great source of ALA omega 3 fats, contributing about 1.5 g in this recipe. Overall, this meal carries 4 g of omega 3 fats, which is 3-4 times more than the minimum amount you should aim to get each day!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 259 calories, 13.0 g fat, 30.1 g protein, 5.4 g carbohydrate (4.1 g available carbohydrate), 1.3 g fibre, 585 mg sodium
My Viva Servings: 0 grain, 4 protein, 0 vegetables, 0 fruits, 0 fats, 0 dairy