Makes 24 mini muffins (1 muffin per serving)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 1 cup cooked lentil puree
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 ¾ cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp. ginger
- Preheat oven to 350 °F and line muffin tins.
- In a medium bowl, combine sugar, vanilla, apple sauce and mix well. Add lentil puree, eggs, and shredded carrots.
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger in a separate bowl.
- Blend wet ingredients with dry ingredients until fully combined.
- Pour batter into muffin pan and bake at 350 °F for 20-25 minutes. Muffins are done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving (one mini muffin): 118 calories, 1 g fat, 5 g protein, 25 g carbohydrate (21 g available carbohydrate), 4 g fibre, 150 mg sodium
My Viva Plan Servings:1 grains and starch, 0 proteins, 0 vegetables, 0 fruit, 0 fat, 0 dairy