Makes 2 servings (3/4 cup per serving)
- 1 cup plain 2% Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1 tsp. Lemon zest
- 3 large stalks of fresh rhubarb, trimmed and sliced into ½ inch pieces
- ¼ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 tbsp. of lemon juice
- Mix together Greek yogurt, chia seeds, honey and lemon zest. Let sit in refrigerator until stewed rhubarb is ready.
- In a medium saucepan, combine rhubarb, sugar, and water over medium-high heat, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer until rhubarb is tender but not completely falling apart (about 10 minutes). Stir occasionally, very gently.
- Once the rhubarb is cooked, gently stir in a squeeze of lemon juice and taste for sweetness. If the mixture is a bit tart, stir in a little extra sugar.
- Let mixture cool completely, then store covered in the refrigerator until you’re ready to use it.
- Add ¼ cup of the stewed rhubarb to small jar or bowl. Top with half of the chia pudding mixture, then finish with a spoonful more of the rhubarb mixture. Repeat with another small jar or bowl. You will have a little extra stewed rhubarb left to enjoy later!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 242 calories, 4 g fat, 14 g protein, 39 g carbohydrate (36 g available carbohydrate), 3 g fibre, 45 mg sodium
My Viva Servings: 0 grain, 2 proteins, 0 vegetable, 2 fruits, 0 fat, 0 dairy