Makes 6 servings (1 cup per serving)
- 3 cups sweet potato, small chopped
- 3 cups cauliflower, chopped
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- Steam sweet potato and cauliflower in a large steaming basket over a large pot of boiling water until very tender (may need to do this in batches).
- Mash the sweet potato and cauliflower together until the mixture has reached a smooth, creamy consistency. Using an immersion blender will help speed up the process.
- Mix in Greek yogurt, garlic, and salt and pepper. Garnish with freshly chopped parsley, serve and enjoy!
This dish can be served as side at a dinner meal or leftovers can be paired with a protein (mix in tuna or cheese) for a hearty snack. Sweet potatoes are also a source of Vitamin B6, a water soluble vitamin that is very important for energy production and metabolism of carbohydrates, protein, and fat. Vitamin B6 also plays an important role in brain health.
Nutritional analysis per serving: 77 calories, 0.2 g fat, 3.1 g protein, 16.7 g carbohydrates (13.6 g available carbohydrate), 3.1 g fibre, 251 mg sodium
My Viva Servings: 1 grain, 0 protein, 0 fat, 0 dairy, 1 vegetable, 0 fruit