Makes 4 servings (2¾ cups per serving)
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 pkg (8 oz.) tempeh, crumbled
- 1½ tbsp chili powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp cayenne (optional)
- 1 tbsp water
- 8 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped cilantro
- ¾ cup rinsed drained canned black beans
- ½ cup corn kernels
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and thinly sliced
- Heat oil in a fry pan over medium heat. Add tempeh, chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder, oregano and cayenne and cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes.
- Add water and cook, stirring, until almost evaporated. Remove from heat.
- Divide lettuce, tomatoes, onion, cilantro, black beans and corn equally between four serving bowls.
- Add tempeh and top with sliced avocado, dividing equally.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 284 calories, 16 g fat, 17 g protein, 26 g carbohydrate (15 g available carbohydrate), 11 g fibre, 184 mg sodium
My Viva Servings: 1 grain, 2 proteins, 2 vegetables, 2 fats