Makes 4 servings (2 1/2 cups per serving)
- 1 (15 oz.) can beans (such as chickpeas, black-eyed peas or kidney beans), rinsed
- 2 (6 oz.) cans water-packed chunk light tuna, low sodium, drained and flaked
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- ½ cup diced red onion
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1½ Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 8 cups mixed salad greens
- Combine beans, tuna, bell pepper, red onion, dried cranberries, basil, lemon juice, 1 Tbsp. olive oil and pepper in a medium bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine balsamic vinegar, the remaining ½ Tbsp. of olive oil and salt in a large bowl, and toss in green salad.
- Divide the greens among 4 plates. Top each with the tuna salad. Serve and enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 305 calories, 8 g fat, 24 g protein, 35 g carbohydrate (27 g available carbohydrate), 8 g fibre, 375 mg sodium
My Viva Servings: 1 grain, 3 proteins, 3 vegetables, 0 fruit, 1 fat, 0 dairy