Tuna Bean Salad
Makes 4 servings (2½ cups per serving)
- 1 can (398 mL) beans (such as chickpeas, kidney beans, pinto beans or black-eyed peas), rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (170 g) low-sodium water-packed chunk light tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- ½ cup diced red onion
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1½ tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 8 cups mixed greens
- In a medium bowl, combine beans, tuna, bell pepper, onion, cranberries, basil, lemon juice, 1 tbsp olive oil and pepper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together balsamic vinegar, remaining ½ tbsp olive oil and salt. Add mixed greens and toss to coat.
- Divide greens among 4 plates. Top each serving with tuna mixture, dividing equally.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 305 calories, 8 g fat, 24 g protein, 35 g carbohydrate (27 g available carbohydrate), 8 g fibre, 375 mg sodium
My Viva Servings: 1 grain, 3 proteins, 3 vegetables, 1 fat