Makes 8 servings (2 cups per serving)
- 1 tsp. canola oil
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 Tbsp. flour
- ½ cup low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 cup bell peppers, diced
- ½ cup onion diced
- 1 can tomato paste
- 1 can black beans, no salt added, drained and rinsed
- 1 can corn, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 cup diced tomato
- 1 avocado
- 1 lime, cut into eighths
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Heat oil in a pan on medium-high heat.
- Add turkey and cook until no longer pink. Add all of the flour, herbs and spices and mix well.
- Add the peppers and onions and sautée for 5 minutes.
- Add the stock, and tomato paste and cook until sauce is thick.
- Stir in black beans and corn, and heat through.
- Serve over a bed of brown rice and garnish with lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, cheese and a squeeze of lime juice.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 322 calories, 14 g fat, 24 g protein, 27 g carbohydrate (21 g available carbohydrate), 6 g fibre, 127 mg sodium
My Viva Servings: 1 grain, 3 protein, 1 vegetable, 0 fruit, 1 fat, 0 dairy