Makes 4 Servings (2 3/4 cups per serving)
- 1 tsp. canola or oil
- 1 turkey breast, cubed
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. basil
- 4 strips of turkey bacon
- 4 eggs, hard boiled and chopped
- 8 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup cucumber, chopped
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 2 oz. cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup chickpeas, no salt added, drained and rinsed
- 1 Tbsp. shallots, minced
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- Heat oven to 400 °F.
- Toss the diced turkey in 1 tsp of oil along with the basil and oregano. Place onto one half of baking tray covered in parchment paper.
- On the other side of the tray, lay the bacon flat.
- Bake for 15 minutes, remove and allow to cool. Once cool, chop up bacon.
- Combine the shallots, olive oil, Dijon mustard and red wine vinegar into a bowl and mix well.
- Divide the dressing into four containers and pour onto the bottom.
- Layer ¼ of the chickpeas, then the cooled turkey and bacon, then hard boiled eggs, tomatoes, cucumber, green onion, the romaine lettuce and top with the cheese.
- Store for up to four days.
Nutritional analysis per serving: 431 calories, 23 g fat, 39 g protein, 17 g carbohydrate (34 g available carbohydrate), 6 g fibre, 366 mg sodium
My Viva Plan Servings: 0 grains and starch, 4 proteins, 3 vegetables, 0 fruit, 2 fat, 0 dairy