Makes 4 Servings (2¾ cups per serving)
- 1 boneless skinless turkey breast, cut into ½ inch cubes
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 4 slices turkey bacon
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp minced shallots
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 8 cups roughly chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 1 cup no-salt-added canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 4 large eggs, hard cooked and sliced
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup thinly sliced green onions
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a small bowl, combine turkey with oil, oregano and basil. Transfer to one half of a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Place bacon on other half of baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake until turkey is cooked through and bacon is slightly crispy, about 15 minutes.
- Set aside to cool, then chop bacon into small pieces. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, mustard and shallots. Slowly drizzle in olive oil, whisking to combine.
- Place lettuce on four serving plates, dividing equally. Top with turkey, bacon, tomatoes, cucumbers, chickpeas, eggs and cheese, arranging toppings in rows. Sprinkle with green onions.
- Drizzle dressing over salads, dividing equally.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 431 calories, 23 g fat, 39 g protein, 17 g carbohydrate (34 g available carbohydrate), 6 g fibre, 366 mg sodium
My Viva Plan Servings: 4 proteins, 3 vegetables, 2 fats