Makes 12 muffins (1 muffin per serving)
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- ¾ tsp. baking soda
- ¾ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 2 bananas, mashed
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ⅓ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp. butter, melted
- ½ cup skim or 1% milk
- 1 ½ cup frozen mixed small berries, divided*
*Note: Chopping the mixed berries into blueberry-sized chunks helps the muffins cook evenly!
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Spray a tin of 12 muffin cups with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine bananas, maple syrup, Greek yogurt, egg, vanilla, and butter. Mix well.
- In batches, alternate adding the flour mixture and milk to the banana mixture. Gently combine until just incorporated. Fold in 1 cup of the frozen berries.
- Pour batter into the muffin tin and top with remaining ½ cup of frozen berries. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Allow to cool and enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 150 calories, 2.0 g fat, 4.3 g protein, 30.0 g carbohydrate (26.7 g available carbohydrate), 3.3 g fibre, 171 mg sodium
My Viva Servings: 2 grain, 0 protein, 0 vegetable, 0 fruit, 0 fat, 0 dairy